- Based upon performance in the past, just how confident are you that they will spend the money wisely?
- Traditional methods of financing for many of these was through Bond Measures, which have been repeatedly rejected by the voters. Keep in mind that you did not get a chance to vote on any of this credit expenditure and it appears that the Obama Administration has chosen to circumvent what little power the voter has. With the confidence in our elected officials at an all-time low, maybe we should make some changes.
- Just how many jobs do you think these, by and large capital expenditures, will create any long-term jobs? The unemployment rate is close to 12.5 % now. Maybe you should contact the organizations and ask them.
As of October 22, 2009 the following is a list of the budget for Yolo County "Stimulus" money:
- City of Woodland $14,839,000
- Community Alliance with Family Farmers $519,780
- Davis Joint Unified $3,261,719
- Delta Elementary Charter $54,572
- Esparto Unified $443,297
- Federal Transit Admin-9 40' Busses $3,917,374
- Food Bank of Yolo County $11,021
- Neighborhood Partners, LLC $6,236,741
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence $44,383
- Transportation (not Assigned) $3,939,396
- Washington Unified $3,486,688
- West Sacramento Early College Prep $107,313
- West Sacramento Pacific Associates, LP $420,099
- Winters Joint Unified $692,260
- Woodland Joint Unified $4,633,005
- Yolo County $8,281,180
- Yolo County Office of Education $633,105
- Yolo Family Resource Center $1,600,000
Before we throw money at government, schools and transportation, maybe we should look further into their spending practices first, and see what waste can be eliminated.
If you trust them, say nothing. If you don't trust them, take them to task.